Who is Gary Dale Cearley?
I am the Managing Director of Advanced International Networks Ltd and have worked more than a quarter century in business-to-business networking, international logistics and international trade. I have worked for some very well known companies but since 1996 I have been a successful entrepreneur. Over the years I have become an authority on international business-to-business networking, especially within the logistics industry.
And if I can I would like to tell you about the great company I run and the good folks I work with…
Advanced International Networks Ltd, a company that I founded many years back, itself is a very unique company. We have an international team of professionals who are dedicated to helping our clients grow their businesses internationally. When I say that we are unique, I really mean that. I also believe that we are very lucky to do the business that we do and to provide the services that we provide. Though in the grand scheme of things there are not many companies that do what we do in the world. However, of all the companies who do share the market with us, I can honestly say that we are the only ones who do it the way that we do. It is the reason we are one of the fastest growing groups of our time, which has been recognized by industry media.
AIN is currently comprised of three logistics networks:
- AerOceaNetwork (AON): This group was my first. It is specialized in international freight forwarding, commercial cargo.
- XLProjects Network (XLP): This is a project logistics network that is for professional heavy lift and project cargo specialists.
- All-in-One Logistics Network (AiO): AiO is for freight forwarders who have multi-specialty logistics companies and has divisions for commercial cargo, exhibition cargo, perishable cargo, project cargo and international removals cargo.
Currently, we are operating in Bangkok, Thailand, Bali, Indonesia, Xiamen, China and most recently have begun working in Cebu, Philippines. On top of that, we are looking soon to expand our presence in a few months.
More about me, Gary Dale Cearley
A bit more about me? Originally I am from the United States. To be more specific, I am from a town called Prescott in rural Southwest Arkansas, though I started my journey of seeing the world when I was just eighteen years old by joining the US Navy. I like to write, to travel and am a polyglot. I have lived in four countries to date. I have a son, Harvey Dale Cearley, and a daughter, Katherine Dale Cearley.
Keeping up with me!
- I’d like to invite you as well to join the few, the proud… The ones who have ‘liked’ me on Facebook! Have a look at the Gary Dale Cearley Facebook page.
- Do you want to connect with Gary Dale Cearley on LinkedIn?
- You can follow me on Twitter as well. My handle is @GaryDaleCearley.
- You can also follow my well-known industry blog, Ex Works Column.
If you are interested in seeing me in the media please see the links below:
Radio / Podcast Interviews
Interviews / Quotes
- Lloyd’s Loading List – Project shippers may avoid US tariff fallout (October 29, 2018) [PDF: Project shippers may avoid US tariff fallout]
- Air Cargo News – Will tariffs see you in September? (July 30, 2018) [PDF: Will tariffs see you in September?]
- American Journal of Transportation – Networks offer independent freight forwarders leverage (November 28, 2017) [PDF: Logistics Networks offer Independent Forwarders Leverage]
- China Federation of Logistics and Purchasing – The Need for Chinese International Freight Forwarders to Network Internationally (October 30, 2014) [PDF: The Need for Chinese International Freight Forwarders to Network Internationally / Google Translated Version]
- Translogistics – Advanced International Networks Ltd, a network group for logistics (July 12, 2014)
- Heavy Lift & Project Forwarding International – AIN launches a new network (June 13, 2014)
- Breakbulk – AIN Launches New All-in-One Network (June 13, 2014)
- Translogistics – Myanmar just experienced its first ever international logistics event (April 2, 2014)
- transportweekly – Myanmar hosts very first international logistics meeting (March 14, 2014)
- rRunners – Strong Operations the ‘Backbone’ of Logistics (September 11, 2013)
- Heavy Lift & Project Forwarding International – The Friday Flyer (August 16, 2013)
- Heavy Lift & Project Forwarding International – XLProjects founder delivers views on logistics networking groups (August 15, 2013)
- Houston Chronicle – How to Start a Logistics Firm (August 1, 2013)
- Heavy Lift & Project Forwarding International – XLProjects reaches half century (July 3rd, 2013)
- China 21st Century Logistics Times – Gary Dale Cearley visits China International Logistics Professional Network (May 30, 2013)
- Heavy Lift & Project Forwarding International – The Friday Flyer (April 5, 2013)
- Heavy Lift & Project Forwarding International – Forging Links with network partners (January / February, 2013; page 118)
- Heavy Lift & Project Forwarding International – XL by name and XL by nature (January / February, 2013; page 7)
- Maritime Cluster – Why we developed our Heavy Transport & Lifting Course (July 2012)
- Business Daily – Project Logistics industry to descend on Singapore for PowerLogistics Asia 2012
- PortCalls Asia – Q&A with AON: Leveraging the power of networking (February 14, 2012) [PDF: AerOceaNetwork: Leveraging the power of networking]
- Heavy Lift & Project Forwarding International – GPLN drives into oil and gas logistics training sector (September 27, 2011)
- China Daily Asia – Fast developing infrastructure gives China an edge (September 9, 2011) [PDF: Fast developing infrastructure gives China an edge]
- Scandinavian Oil & Gas Magazine – Oil & Gas Transport & Lifting course to be offered prior to SPE Offshore Europe (July 19, 2011)
- Lighthouse – GPLN Annual Meeting Global Conference (July / August, 2011; page 9)
- Handy Shipping Guide – Global Project Logistics Network Offer Training Seminar to Oil and Gas Industry (July 22, 2011)
- Handy Shipping Guide – GPLN Welcomes Two New Members to Logistics Network (June 2, 2011)
- Project Vendor – Bureaucratic paperwork, biggest holdup faced by Indian project logistics industry (March 10, 2011)
- Heavy Lift & Project Forwarding International – Back to the classroom at Breakbulk Asia (December 13, 2010)
- inbound logistics – The Shipper’s Guide to Project Logistics (December 2010)
- Investir en Tunisie – Le Groupe D’Alessandro rejoint «The Global Logistics Network» (November 30, 2010)
- Heavy Lift & Project Forwarding International – SR International Logistics returns to GPLN (November 15, 2010)
- International Transport Journal (ITJ) – Success through global teamwork (May 10, 2010)
- venture – WWL joins Logistics Network (January 2010)
- American Journal of Transportation – GPLN admitted to SC&RA (September 17, 2009) [PDF: GPLN admitted to SC&RA]
- Institute of Public Relations – Korean forwarder becomes the latest addition to the GPLN team
- Forwardingworld – The Global Project Logistics Network Celebrates 5 Years of Growth and Progress (August 31, 2009)
- Journal of Commerce – Breakbulk ‘rides the wave’ (June 3, 2009)
- BusinessWeek – Starting a Business in the Logistics Industry (October 24, 2008)
- Payload Asia – Philippines: Senator drops in on AerOceaNetwork meeting (October 1, 2008)
- Home Highlight – Kuala Lumpur hosting International Logistics Event (September 19, 2008)
- GMA News – Shippers, freight forwarders engage in ‘speed dating’ to boost trade further (September 17, 2008)
- myUsearch – Do employers value online degrees? (September 5, 2008)
- Cargonews Asia – Malaysian response to project cargo poor (April 21, 2008)
- The Star – GPLN keen on Malaysia (March 24, 2008)
- Cross Border Journal – Priming China-ASEAN Trade (October 26, 2006)
- Canadian Shipper – Chapman Freeborn joins forces with Global Project Logistics Group (June 6, 2006)
- Thomasnet News Industry Market Trends – Moving things along in 2006 (June 6, 2006)
- Cargonews Asia – Myanmar takes slow boat on port boost (May 29, 2006)
- inbound logistics – Port Security: The Dubai Aftermath (Trouble for Shippers?) (April 2006)
- Daily Mirror – Survey reveals fallout from US anti-Dubai reaction (March 20, 2006)
- New Zealand Transport Logistics Business Week – AerOceaNetwork sees Seattle as key to international logistics growth (December 15, 2005; page 6)
- The Nation – Bangkok Confab (November 17, 2005)
- Shippingline – World Logistics Comes to Bangkok to Develop Mutual Trade (November 17, 2005)
- AllCovered-NEWS – Trade – Forwarders Chat Group (August 18, 2003; page 9)
Conferenece / Seminars
- 12th Annual Conference of Chinese Logistics Entrepreneurs (Wuxi, China, October 30, 2014): I gave a presentation themed “The Need for Chinese International Freight Forwarders to Network Internationally”
- 1st Offshore Supply Base Summit 2012 (Singapore, June 19 – 22, 2012): I gave the Post Conference workshop which lasted one day. The theme was “Practical Guide to Integrated Logistics Services for Offshore Exploration and Production”
- 4th Indian Ports & Logistics 2010 (Mauritius, March 25 – 26, 2010): I gave a presentation themed “Cutting Edge Solutions For Ports And Terminals’ Competitive Advantage”
Articles / OpEds / Letters
- Jūra International Business Magazine – Viewpoint: Looking to the East (August 2014) (PDF version)
- Cargonews Asia – Forwarders wary of new airport (September 4, 2006)
- Cargonews Asia – Cambodia is losing ground because of garment dependence (July 31, 2006)
- Cargonews Asia – Myanmar takes slow boat on port boost (May 29, 2006)
- Cargonews Asia – Vietnam juggles with boxes to meet demand (March 20, 2006)